As we move forward and perfect our customer service processes and office operations, we are looking for a new critical hire - our Customer Service & Front Office Assistant who will be the first and last person our customers see. As such, making a positive first and final lasting impression is crucial to Anderson’s Autobody reputation, customer service scores, and financial health, i.e., ensuring all check-out and payment processes are complete. Being an initiative-taking communicator and CRM expert will become critical to your role as you learn the business.
Anderson’s is a great place to start and build your career, add to your technology and interpersonal communication skills, and solve real problems that make a real difference to our customers. You’ll work with some of the best appraisers and automotive technicians in the business with over 250 years of experience combined. And people stay! Some employees have been with us for over 30 years. We are honored to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for customer and employee excellence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Greet customers on the phone, through email inquiries, and walk-ins. Engage them in a conversation to better understand their needs. Offer them a beverage and a seat - whether self-pay or an auto insurance claim
- Have them fill out a one-page Information Form while asking them to describe the details of their situation through a basic Lead Qualification process (templates provided). Once the customer completes the form, brief an Estimator/Appraiser then introduce them to the potential customer
- Level up our customer service processes and results (scores) by learning and using CCC One - our CRM - and assist our Cost Estimators on the daily progress of vehicle repairs, insurance changes, and customer notifications. Ensure all customer data is error-free and checked against prior and insurance assignments, and consistent with their completed Information Form
- Answer customer inquiries about products, services, costs, and payment options
- Help customers understand the repair process whether it’s self-payment or through an auto insurance claim - from the insurance company’s approval to the result of completed repairs.
- Explain our lifetime warranties and commitment to bring their vehicle back to its pre-accident condition
- Help complete and update new customer leads, online work opportunities, and repair orders. Keep customer scheduling and in-house jobs updated through proactive digital and in-person communication
- Assist the back Production Shop with updated information about customer schedules and completion dates. Seek out the latest on repair status in the shop to convey to each customer
- Occasionally deliver or pick up customers or vehicles as Anderson’s does not have a courtesy car, shuttle, or rental car service. Do refer customers to the local Enterprise office
- Help with internal communication for our ~15 employees including upcoming schedules, training classes, vacation schedule coordination, meetings, annual open enrollment, and deadline reminders
- Assist in organizing occasional team or vendor get-togethers including refreshments and catering orders
- Keep office, bathroom, and reception areas hygienic, clean, and inviting - including any new marketing collateral
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive Base Pay: $12-20 per hour using a timecard for a standard 40-hour week. Starting pay varies based on your level of knowledge, skills, and proven experience with required duties. Pay increases and promotion opportunities are driven by your performance
- Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, vision, and six paid holidays. One week of vacation time. Access to retirement (Simple IRA with 3% employer match) and voluntary benefits (short and long-term disability, life insurance)
- Career development, personal growth, automotive service, and sales experience (helping move estimates to completed repairs). Ongoing training such as S/P2, CCC One, and insurance knowledge
- Sense of belonging and purpose, making a tangible difference in the lives of drivers experiencing financial or health stress due to minor or major vehicle damage. We measure what we treasure - and formally track Customer Satisfaction through informal and formal feedback, and online customer reviews
- Work-life balance with evenings and weekends off. Hours Monday-Friday from 8 am-5 pm
- A chance to work and live in one of the most beautiful small towns in the U.S. – with nearby snow and waterskiing on gorgeous Lake Pend Oreille
WHAT WE EXPECT
- High school diploma. Two year associate or administration degree preferred
- Min 1-2 years of previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Technology knowledge and ability to learn new software and systems with enthusiasm
- Positive attitude and ability to create a pleasant atmosphere with customers while contributing to a positive, can-do culture of teamwork
- Team collaboration coupled with individual accountability
- Strong desire to grow our customer base, reaching new drivers and younger families, and act upon customer service and communication feedback collected after every repair is completed
- Punctuality, strong work ethic, learning mindset, and coachability
We are future-forward with small-town values. Our modern CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system requires accountable employees across the business to continuously improve their skills and be enthusiastic about technology (both in our communication and our vehicles!). Successful candidates are disciplined in inputting critical customer data and insurance information into our robust database and using our CRM to proactively communicate with customers on appointment reminders, repair progress, and pick-up times. Because we are the one-stop shop, we work with all insurance companies and dozens of subcontractors who specialize in tasks such as glass replacement or tire alignment. You will build these relationships in order to serve our customers better.
*This is 100% an in-office, customer-facing position.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We value diversity and encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Think you have what it takes or want to know more? Submit a resume and let’s talk!
Email our Business Owner, Bob Anderson, at one or both of these addresses with your resume attached: